“How long is a piece of string” springs to mind; then a pair of scissors starts cutting it down into manageable lengths.
The initial scope of the initiative has been bounded by five concurrent activities for Year 1 (April 2014 – April 2015).
- First, is the global promotion of the HRAS initiative through ‘Supporting Entities’, ‘Collaborative Partners’, conferences, academic papers and the HRAS internet platform;
- Second, is the development of international Collaborative Partner Projects focusing on specific maritime issues concerning human rights abuses at sea;
- Third, is the development of the maritime interpretation of the 2011 UN Guiding Principles on business and human rights;
- Fourth, is the production of available and voluntarily applied commercial CSR documentation;
- Fifth, is the pursuance of international funding sources.
So, the developmental work for Year 1 is planned and set.