30 September 2014
On 1 October 2014, Jens Dieckmann, Attorney at Law and Head of HRAS in Germany is invited by the German “Forum Menschnrechte” (Forum for Human Rights) to give a key note on HRAS and the implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights in the maritime sector.The plenary session of Forum Menschenrechte will take place in Hannover.
Forum Menschenrechte (FMR) is a network of more than 50 German non-governmental organizations (NGOs) who are committed to better and more comprehensive protection of human rights – worldwide, in specific regions of the world, within countries and also within the Federal Republic of Germany. The Forum was established in 1994 following the International Human Rights Conference in Vienna.
- to monitor critically the human rights policy of the German Government and the German Bundestag (parliament) at both the national and international level;
- to implement joint projects with the aim of improving the protection of human rights worldwide;
- to create an awareness about human rights issues amongst the German public at large, to draw attention, when required, to human rights violations in Germany and to work for their resolution;
- to guarantee an exchange of all relevant informations on human rights issues between the member organizations;
- to support local, regional and national NGOs in the international aspects of their work and to promote an international network of NGOs in general.
The working groups within the Forum are responsible for preparing joint statements and information material and for organizing campaigns, public meetings and forums of experts. The FORUM MENSCHENRECHTE is closely cooperating with NGOs at both the European and international level.
For more information contact: email@example.com