13 October 2014
The Human Rights at Sea initiative is very pleased to announce that as part of its continuing international expansion responding to both need and engagement with the HRAS platform, the new HRAS website has been finalised and is now live. This is part of the on-going development of the HRAS organisation.
Key improvements have been:
- A comprehensive site ‘Search’ system.
- Simplified layout.
- Embedding of rolling news and social media links.
- Subscriptions for HRAS updates.
- Updated Professional Services and support to the maritime community.
- Updated Case Studies.
- A secure https:// page.
The new site offers core sections covering:
- Detailed “About Us” page.
- International “News” feed and rolling blog page.
- A strategic “Letter to Stakeholders” outlining the basis for the HRAS organisation.
- Detail and web links to our “Supporting Entities and Collaborative Partners” worldwide.
- An “Archive” section.
- A “Resources” section for government, business, academic and individual research.
- An “Internships” section outlining the need, requirement and process for applications, as well as details of any currently available internships.
- A “How can you help us?” section providing an outline of support areas and actions that can be taken in support of HRAS.
- A “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)” section which is continually reviewed and updated and;
- Latest “Contact” details.
The HRAS Founder, David Hammond, said: “It has now been 6 months since the launch of the initiative and we are delighted that we continue to see widening international engagement with our work. As a result, and as part of planned investment into the HRAS platform, the new website provides us with a revised, secure and well-built platform in support of our future plans“.
Existing users of the http://www.humanrightsatsea.wordpress.com will continue to receive news feeds for the imminent future, but which will now be hosted on the main HRAS site.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org