The World G18 Somalia diaspora organisation has become the 41st Supporting Entity to the Human Rights at Sea initiative.
HRAS Founder, David Hammond, said: “Through the UN Association’s Westminster branch, HRAS has been introduced to the World G18 Somalia organisation and which will support our work in Somalia to enable the spread of the Human Rights at Sea message throughout the Horn of Africa. I am delighted to be supported by and offer support to the Somali community, both within the UK and internationally”.
David Hammond was the first head lawyer of the European Union’s “NESTOR” Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP) counter-piracy mission in East Africa in 2012, where he conceived and established the NESTOR ‘Legal Advisory Programme’ across five African states and which included Somaliland and Puntland.
World G18 Somalia is a UK-based network which seeks to unite all in the Somali diaspora; those who have now become citizens of the UK or other countries; and those who support initiatives to bring development and peace to Somalia.
World G18 Somalia seeks to:
- work for friendship and understanding between the peoples identifying with the 18 regions of Somalia in various diasporas worldwide and in Somalia,
- promote and lead discussion of coordinated national programmes for the development of Somalia,
- encourage and generate governmental and public support for these initiatives,
- plan funding programmes which support these initiatives on a sustaining basis,
- foster understanding among the people of the UK of the work being undertaken by various organisations, volunteer groups and individuals in working for development and peace in Somalia.
World G18 Website HERE