The Human Rights at Sea charitable organisation has been independently developed for the benefit of the international community for matters concerning explicit engagement with human rights issues in the maritime environment.
Mission is to explicitly raise awareness, implementation and accountability of human rights provisions throughout the maritime environment, especially where they are currently absent, ignored or being abused.
To become a leading independent maritime Human Rights platform.
To promote human rights (as set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and subsequent United Nations conventions and declarations) for seafarers, fishermen and others involved in working at sea throughout the world by all or any of the following means:
- Increasing global awareness of the explicit requirement for protection of, respect for and provision of effective remedies for human rights abuses at sea through international advocacy, the publishing of case studies and where applicable, the provision of teaching materials.
- Contributing to the international development of effective, enforceable and accountable remedies for human rights abuses at sea.
- Investigating and monitoring abuses of Human Rights at Sea.
- Developing the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights in the maritime environment.
- Commenting on and supporting proposed national and international human rights legislation, policies and best practice, where applicable.
Read more here
Human Rights at Sea | Langstone Technology Park | Langstone | Havant | PO9 1SA | United Kingdom